All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property.
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties.9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public.10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home.
Adapted from www.realtor.com. The complete article can be found at